When a donor makes known their wish to gift shares from their mutual fund account held at a broker, the first step is to provide the following information to the Archdiocese of Atlanta so that SunTrust can set up an account.
- Name of the fund family (ie, Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.)
- The exact name of the fund
- The fund number if applicable
- The cusip number of the fund if known
- Class of shares if applicable
- Number of shares to be gifted (not the dollar amount)
- Donor’s brokerage name
Attachment I is a sample of a letter that could be used by the donor. The above information is available on the donor’s statement and a copy of the statement would be useful to include with the letter (for confidentiality purposes, the portion of the statement with account balance information should be deleted out). Including a copy of the donor’s statement is optional. The Archdiocese of Atlanta will forward the letter to SunTrust.